Monday, June 13, 2016

CATHARSIS

How many people come here to read this?  I’m not really sure.  Really it doesn’t matter, that’s not why I write it.  I started writing this blog because I wanted a place to explain how the bands music has affected me and how thankful I am for having it in my life.  

I think of that and I just remember when I was 12-13 years old and I would come home and be so upset, I could be on the verge of tears, so I would go over to the stereo, put my disc of The Joshua Tree in, and my headphones in the jack, and I would play ‘One Tree Hill’. With my eyes closed, the pain and emotion in that song would flow through me and wash all of mine away.  

If that was the only thing that their music had ever done for me, that would be enough, but its been there for me so many other times, in good times as well as bad.  

So this past week I was wondering wether or not if I should keep writing because I was dealing with a little bit of my depression creeping in.  Then I thought about this. So I’ll keep writing.  


2 comments: