Wednesday, July 6, 2016

BEAUTIFUL DAY

I have been trying to finish the entry that I wanted to post over a week ago, and haven’t been able to, when I was out to do my weekly chore of mowing the lawn.  I brought my iPod with me this time, and started a random playlist.  The second song to play was ‘Beautiful Day’ and I just had this wave wash over me.  

Now, I’ve heard this song a million times; I even know all the words to it, but that other day I could really feel it.  There are so many times when I feel so lost-between my illness and not knowing when or if the headaches will ever be controlled, and if they are, what happens after.  I know there are a lot of people who have it a lot worse than I do.  I never want anyone’s pity or anything like that, but I can’t help that there are times when I have these feelings.

That day that I was out mowing was a beautiful day; it wasn’t too hot and wasn’t too cool, which is rare for a July in Pennsylvania.  The sky was a bright blue with barely any clouds and the humidity was low, it was almost a perfect day, weather-wise. I was able to stop and actually look around and admire that. 


Sometimes, its nice to be reminded that its ok to not have all the answers.  Its ok to just take it one day at a time, and occasionally take delight in the beauty God gives you in a perfect summer day.  

3 comments:

  1. Great insight. It's amazing to learn what a great song can do for your mood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This happens to me , this...-meaning the perfect day, the beauty God gives you, the lack of answers....and U2 !!! I love this blog !!!! No words !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cris. I'm always sure I'm going to hear from you in one way or another.

      Delete